Sunday, October 1, 2017

Welcome to my blog!


Hello!  Welcome to my blog!  It is extremely bare-bones right now, so please excuse the simplicity.  I originally wanted to wait until I was able to figure out how to create a really professional-looking blog like so many other quilters out there, but then it probably would never happen! 

After a lot of thought, I decided to go ahead and set up a very basic blog so that I would at least have a place to post things that would be easy to get back to later.  It will also let me go into more detail than I can on Instagram (IG).  If you don’t already know me from IG, that’s where I typically hang out and post quilty pictures.  You can follow me there @piecedjustsew. 

If you do already follow me, you probably know that I’m hosting a sew-along soon and it begins in about a week.  I’m planning to share some tips that should help you with making the Star Kisses quilt by Woodberry Way.  I know that some quilters are not able to join in right now, but still want to join later. 

I know from personal experience that trying to find a particular IG post days, months, or even years later is sometimes just about impossible.  IG has a great feature now that lets you save photos, but if you’re like me, you’ve saved so many photos by now that you still can’t find that post that you KNOW you saved way back when!

So, long story short, I figured it’s better to have a basic, maybe less-than-professional-looking blog than no blog at all.  I plan to post each week of the sew-along on both IG and here.  I may go into more detail here than on IG, depending on that week’s focus.  If that’s the case, I will always mention that in my IG post, so that you’ll know to hop over here and check it out! 

Maybe someday I’ll figure out how to have a fancier blog, but first I’ll need to figure out how to keep my brain from short-circuiting whenever I start reading about HTML!  In the meantime, I hope you get some value out of what I do have here!

Until next time,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment