Monday, April 16, 2018

Ombre Wanderlust

Hello!  You've probably heard of the wonderful ombre fabrics from V and Co for Moda.  If not, you're missing out!  And as if those fabrics weren't awesome enough already, they now come with confetti! Of course, I had to make something with them.  I had a jelly roll, and had just finished the pattern for my jelly-roll friendly pattern, Wanderlust.  I decided that ombre rings would look pretty neat, so I made another quilt!

 



There are 20 colors of ombre confetti, so I made a slightly smaller quilt with 20 blocks instead of 25, and used one of each color (half a jelly roll).  If you want to make your own 20-block ombre quilt, I have provided the updated background fabric requirements and cutting instructions below.  (Note: these requirements are for version 1 in the pattern only). 

You will need 4 yards of background fabric.  Adjust the pattern's cutting instructions as follows:

- cut 2 less of the widest strips.  Cut up all the strips as directed.  You will not have any extra.
- cut 3 less of the medium-width strips.  Cut up all the strips as directed.  You will not have any extra.
- cut 5 less of the narrowest strips.  Cut each as directed.

The finished quilt will be 64" x 80".





If you make your own Ombre Wanderlust quilt, tag me or use the hashtags #wanderlustquilt or #piecedjustsew.  I would love to see yours!

Until next time,
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment