Saturday, May 26, 2018

New Pattern - Jingle Bells

I have another new pattern to share with you today!  This is Jingle Bells. 



I love this quilt!  I had been playing around with this block for a while, and adding the second print as an accent always reminded me of some sort of marble or rounded trinket with light glinting off of the angles.  Like a jingle bell!  So when I saw Bonnie and Camille's new line, Vintage Holiday, I knew that was the collection I would use to make this quilt, and it had to be called Jingle Bells!


I also like the jumbled, random look of the layout.  It gave the quilt a more playful and interesting look than a normal straight setting.

This quilt uses just one layer cake or four charm packs, plus background and borders.  I used the fantastic metallic dot print from the Vintage Holiday line as my background.  I love the sparkle that it adds!


The quilt finishes approximately 73"x73".  It's the perfect size to snuggle up with on the couch during the holidays!

The pattern is available now in my Etsy shop.  I have included extra instructions for directional prints so that you can make sure your stripes or other directional prints all go in the same direction within a block, like the ornaments in the block below.



Share your Jingle Bells quilt on Instagram using the hashtag #jinglebellsquilt

Now, I'll stop talking and let the pictures speak for themselves!









Until next time!
Amanda


1 comment: