Saturday, February 22, 2020

New Moda Bake Shop Tutorial

I'm back!  I can't believe it's been over a year since my last post.  2019 was an unusual, stressful year.  Some of it was good and some of it was not, but I won't bore you with the details.  If you follow me on Instagram, you know I still got plenty of sewing in.  I'm hoping 2020 is a little less eventful and I'll be able to start posting more regularly! 

I have a new tutorial available on the Moda Bake Shop and I thought that would be a great opportunity to jump back into blogging!


This quilt is a variation of my original Country Summer quilt that was on the Moda Bake Shop in 2018 so Moda is calling this one Country Summer 2!  The new quilt is above and the original quilt is below.  These quilts may not look like the same block, but the only difference is the placement of the prints and background in some of the block units!

The original Country Summer quilt
 
If you want to make either of these quilts, click here or go to my Tutorials page in the menu at the top of this blog.

I used Canning Day fabrics by Corey Yoder and they just started showing up in quilt shops last week!  Below are some more photos that didn't make it into the Moda Bake Shop post.  Keep scrolling to see the quilt in a couple other fabric options!



 The quilting that I chose for this quilt is an edge-to-edge pantograph called Daisies Galore.  I thought it fit the springy/summery feel of these fabrics!



I also love the large teal floral on the back.  It is one of my favorite prints from the collection!



This quilt uses fat quarters, so grab a bundle and choose your favorite prints!


The finished quilt is 72"x72" and makes a good size throw quilt!


I love playing around in Electric Quilt and I'm always having fun trying out other fabric collections with my designs.  Below are a couple other fabric options for this quilt.  I might have to make one or both of them myself!


First up is Catalina by Fig Tree & Company.  This fabric arrives in shops in April.


Next is Summer Sweet by Sherri and Chelsi.  This fabric is available now!

If you make this quilt and you post it on Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag #countrysummer2quilt and tag me.  I'd love to see yours!

Until next time,
Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment