Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Fabric Refresh - Easy Argyle

Hello!  Another week is behind us and it's time for another edition of Friday Fabric Refresh!  This week I am featuring my Easy Argyle pattern, which I released a few weeks ago. 


The original quilt is shown above in All Hallows' Eve by Fig Tree for Moda Fabrics.  Unlike most of my patterns, this quilt does not use precuts and features only two main fabrics.  This gives you lots of options and today I am sharing some other ideas to give you inspiration for your own Easy Argyle quilt!


If you like the colors I used, but don't want an exact copy, you can choose the same colors in different prints, such as this version in All Hallows' Eve which uses the orange floral and the black houndstooth prints.


You can also use All Hallows' Eve but skip the orange for a sophisticated black and gray quilt.


I planned to make a Christmas version last year using Scarlet and Sage, which is another Fig Tree collection from last fall.  I didn't get a chance to make it, but I have all the fabric, so maybe this year!


If you want a Christmas version but missed out on Scarlet and Sage, the new Christmas Figs II collection by Fig Tree arrived in shops recently!


A Christmas version in red and green Catalina prints is another option.  (If you couldn't tell, I really like Fig Tree fabrics!)


The blues in Catalina are some of my favorite prints and would also make a gorgeous Easy Argyle quilt.


I love the aqua floral print in Bonnie and Camille's At Home collection and it looks great in this pattern!


Little Snippets is an older Bonnie and Camille line but it's still one of my favorites so I decided to see how this pattern looks with my favorite black floral print from that collection.


That's all for today!  What fabrics or colors would you like to see this pattern refreshed with?  Let me know in the comments below and I'll see what I can do!

Until next time,
Amanda


2 comments:

  1. Do you think a scrappy version of this pattern would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! With the way the pattern is written, probably not. I suppose it's possible, but I can't think of an easy way to make it scrappy.

      Delete