Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - Calm & Collected

Happy Friday!  This week I am featuring a new quilt design for Friday Fabric Refresh.  It's called Calm & Collected and is in the Summer 2021 issue of Quilts & More magazine that goes on sale today!  

Used with permission from Quilts & More™. ©2021 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

  This issue is extra special for me because my quilt was also chosen for the cover!

Used with permission from Quilts & More™. ©2021 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
 

This is a big quilt!  It is about 77"x96" but goes together surprisingly fast because of big blocks that go together quickly.  I used Corey Yoder's Spring Brook collection from Moda Fabrics for my quilt.  It's hard to see here but the background fabrics is covered in adorable little bumblebees!  

Used with permission from Quilts & More™. ©2021 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

You know I had to try out other fabrics to see what they looked like in this pattern and I'm sharing them with you here today!

I originally designed this quilt in Sherri and Chelsi's Happy Days collection for Moda Fabrics.  I made both a light and dark version.  You can see both below!  In both versions, I used the same fabric for the accent stars and the block sections that are green in the magazine.



I also made several versions in Gingham Gardens by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake.  This fabric has been out for a few months now, but I still love it so much!  Maybe that's why I made three versions in this fabric!  Which one is your favorite?



Another collection that I am still a big fan of is Strawberry Honey by Gracey Larson, also for Riley Blake.  I can't get over how bright, happy, and colorful this collection is!

Are you a Fig Tree fan?  The new Strawberries & Rhubarb collection should be available very soon!  The first version uses the springy pinks, greens, and corals and the second sticks with the reds and pinks for the main blocks and could be used as a Valentine's quilt!


I have recently been drawn to Ruby Star Society fabrics from Moda Fabrics and I am obsessed with the upcoming Tarrytown collection by Kimberly Kight!  It should be in shops soon.  Like many things lately, it is a little late due to the worldwide shipping delays.  I have a light version and a dark version, just like the Happy Days versions I shared earlier.



Last, but not least, I had to make a Christmas version!  Lella Boutique's upcoming Christmas Morning collection for Moda Fabrics should be available in a month or two.  IF you need a Christmas quilt for your guest bed this holiday season, this is a perfect time to get started!

 

That's all for today!  I hope you'll check out the latest issue of Quilts & More!  What fabric would you use for this quilt?  Let me know in the comments below!

 

Until next time,

Amanda 

 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the magazine cover-what a nice birthday gift! I’ve already purchased the magazine but after seeing the different color/fabric combinations here in your blog, I think I prefer the ones with a darker background. The stars seem to “pop” more? I don’t know, I just wish I could make them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I generally prefer the darker backgrounds on this design myself but the magazine editor preferred a light background. They're paying me for the design, so I'll happily make it however they want! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the pattern! Where can I purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The summer 2021 issue of Quilts and More is not on newsstands anymore but you might be able to find a used copy of the magazine on Ebay. You can also get a digital copy on the magazine company's website. To get there, you can click the link in the first paragraph of this blog post or go to www.allpeoplequilt.com.

      Delete