Friday, June 4, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - A Charmed Life

Happy Friday!  It's another month and another quilt featured in a magazine!  Don't get used to that though!  This latest quilt is the last magazine quilt in the pipeline (for now, hopefully).  It's just coincidence that I have had quilts in magazines released in April (Lake Life), May (Calm & Collected), and now June!  

The August 2021 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting goes on sale today and I have a really fun charm pack quilt in this issue.  It is called A Charmed Life and uses three charm packs plus background.  I love that I could make a large throw quilt (76"x76") with just three charm packs!  

Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. ©2021 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

You may have noticed that many fabric collections have been releasing weeks behind schedule over the past year or so.  Between pandemic-related shutdowns, disruptions in the supply chain, and delays at ports, many goods from overseas (like most fabric) are taking longer to arrive that usual.  

In some ways, that has been beneficial because usually, by the time a quilt is in a magazine issue, the fabric has been available for awhile and it's already hard to find.  In this case, the fabrics that I used should either have recently arrived in shops or be coming any day now!  

Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. ©2021 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

I used Strawberry & Rhubarb by Fig Tree for Moda Fabrics for the charm packs and I used the black dot from Bonnie & Camille's Sunday Stroll collection for the background.  I love how that dot looks with these prints!

Of course, everyone has different tastes in fabrics, so you know I had to try out this pattern in some other fabric lines and that is exactly what I have done for this edition of Friday Fabric Refresh!

First up is Sunday Stroll.  I didn't use the dot fabric for the background in my mockup below because it just doesn't look quite right digitally, but it would be perfect with these fabrics!

Next is Cottage Bleu by Robin Pickens.  This collection is either arriving in shops currently or will be soon.  I love the saturated colors in this line!


If you want to plan ahead for the holidays, Lella Boutique's Christmas Morning collection should be arriving soon and this pattern would be a great quick Christmas quilt for either a gift or to decorate your own home!  The multi-color dot in the background is one of the prints in this fabric line!

I've been finding myself drawn to more modern fabrics over the past few months and that includes Moda's Ruby Star Society collections.  One collection coming very soon that I am obsessed with is Tarry Town by Kimberly Kight.  The colors are so pretty!
 


Stay Gold by Melody Miller is another Ruby Star Society collection arriving soon and I love the bright colors!  Perfect for summer!


If you're like me, you probably have a lot of precuts in your stash so I also mocked up this pattern in a couple of older collections (although maybe not so old that you can't still find charm packs somewhere if you need them!)

First is Cider by BasicGrey.  If you've followed me for a while, you probably know I love this collection.  That hasn't changed!

Next is Folktale by Lella Boutique.  I absolutely love this collection and I've only been able to make one quilt with it so far (my Good Fortunes quilt).  I definitely plan to make more, so maybe A Charmed Life will be a good option!  I have a bolt of the cream dot from this collection and it would make a perfect background!

That's all for today!  I hope you enjoyed these refreshed versions of A Charmed Life.  Be sure to check out the August 2021 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting!  


Until next time,

Amanda 




2 comments:

  1. Do you have suggestions/measurements to scale this down to baby quilt size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I don't have measurements for the entire quilt, but you could make half square triangles that finish at 2" (start with 3" squares and trim to 2.5") and then figure out what size pieces you need for the rest to make them fit. That would give you a quilt that is half the size.

      Delete