Friday, December 4, 2020

Friday Fabric Refresh - Tile Time

Hello and happy Friday!  The newest issue of American Patchwork & Quilting should be on newsstands today and I have a quilt in the issue!  You can see my quilt, Tile Time below.  To celebrate, I am featuring Tile Time for today's Friday Fabric Refresh!

Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2021 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

I used Figs & Shirtings by Fig Tree for the quilt in the magazine.  A lot of times, by the time a magazine is published, the fabric used for the quilt has been available awhile and could be getting hard to find.  This time, whether because of delays caused by the pandemic or just good luck, Figs & Shirtings has just started arriving in shops and you should have no trouble getting this fabric if you want to make an identical version.  

 

Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2021 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

However, you might want to use something else and that is where Friday Fabric Refresh comes in!  I tried out several different fabric collections when I designed this quilt and I'm sharing those with you today.

First up is a fun Christmas version in Sweetwater's The Christmas Card.  I definitely want to make this and I already have my fabric.  Now I just need more sewing time!  I am using one of the small scale black prints for the accent.

 


Next up is Folktale by Lella Boutique.  This collection is even prettier in person and would make a gorgeous Tile Time!

 


I originally planned to make this quilt in Balboa by Sherri & Chelsi.  I love the bright colors!

Bonnie and Camille's Shine On collection recently showed up in quilt shops, so I had to include a B&C version!  This would make a really colorful quilt!

I don't often sew with Minick & Simpson fabrics (I don't know why; they're gorgeous!) but I did try out Harbor Springs when I first designed this quilt.  This would give you a quilt with some patriotic vibes!

Even though I used Fig Tree fabrics for my quilt, I still had to see what other Fig Tree collections looked like.  Below is Tile Time in Catalina with a light gray solid accent.

And last but not least, I had to include an All Hallows' Eve version even though Halloween is over.  I'm still obsessed with this collection and I still have plenty in my stash so I'll have to make something with it!  If you still have some in your stash too, maybe this will be the pattern that catches your interest!

That's all for today.  Whether you decide to use one of these fabric collections or something else, I hope you'll check out the February 2021 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting and my Tile Time quilt!

Are there other fabrics that you would like to see Tile Time refreshed in?  Let me know in the comments below and I'll see what I can do!


Until next time,

Amanda

6 comments:

  1. I am loving your Tile Time quilt but when I go to your Etsy shop, it is not showing there. Can you help? I want to purchase it! Thanks!
    Jusy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! This pattern is currently only available in the February 2021 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. It should be on newsstands today or you can get a digital copy at www.allpeoplequilt.com.

      Delete
  2. Can’t locate Tile Time in your shop to download. Is it available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just received my copy of the magazine - congrats! Thanks for the many options shown above in your blog as I have some of these fabric collections and will try a few. 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's always fun to play around with different fabrics! Have fun sewing!

      Delete
  4. I found your pattern while waiting in line at the grocery store. It was perfect for this beautiful print I had but didn't want to cut into small pieces. Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete