Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - Good Fortunes

Hello and happy Friday!  I finally released my Good Fortunes pattern earlier this week!  This one took WAY longer than I planned, but better late than never, right?  Now that it's finally here, it's time to share some refreshed versions in different fabrics in case the fabric I used doesn't appeal to you.

The photo is above is my version of Good Fortunes using Lella Boutique's newest collection, Folktale  This fabric is so pretty and looks even better in person!  I love the dot fabric that I used for the background so much that I bought a whole bolt of it and I'm not sure that's going to be enough!

 

I know that everyone has different fabric tastes though so that's why I'm sharing some new versions of Good Fortunes with you today.  Let's jump right in!

 

First up is Good Fortune refreshed in Cider by BasicGrey.  This collection is finally starting to show up in shops after a month or two delay and I think it's going to be pretty popular so don't wait if you want to get your hands on some!  

 

Another new collection that I'm really excited about is Gingham Gardens by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake Designs.  These soft colors are so pretty!


I originally designed this quilt over two years ago and my plan was to use Bonnie and Camille's Little Snippets which was released in January 2019.  Obviously, that didn't happen so I switched to a more recent fabric collection.  I still really like my original plan though and if you have some Little Snippets in your stash you might want to make one for yourself!

If you follow Emily Dennis of Quilty Love on Instagram, you may have seen the fat quarter bundle that she curated for Robert Kaufman.  It's so bright and cheerful!  It's not available yet, but that didn't stop me from playing around with the fabrics in that bundle.  If this version speaks to you, it never hurts to plan ahead!


That's all for today.  What other fabric collections would you like to see Good Fortunes refreshed in?  Let me know in the comments below and I'll see what I can do!

 

Until next time,

Amanda



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment