Friday, April 9, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - Lake Life

I always love Fridays but today is extra exciting!  The June 2021 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting hits newsstands today and my Lake Life quilt is included!  

Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. ©2021 Meredith Corporation.

I used Flowers for Freya by Linzee Kull McCray for Moda Fabrics.  This fabric recently started showing up in shops so it's perfect timing!

Below is the cover of this issue so you'll know what to look for!

Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. ©2021 Meredith Corporation.

When preparing a quilt design for submission to a magazine, I often try out a lot of fabric collections before deciding which ones to suggest.  Many of the ones I tried for this quilt have either recently arrived in shops or are scheduled to arrive very soon so I thought I'd share them for Friday Fabric Refresh!
 

I loved the Gingham Gardens collection from My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake as soon as I saw it.   It's so pretty and soft!

 

Another Riley Blake collection that I tried was Strawberry Honey by Gracey Larson.  If you saw my previous Friday Fabric Refresh blog post, you know I love this collection!  It looks great as a Lake Life quilt too!

 

Spring Brook by Corey Yoder for Moda Fabrics is in stores now and would make a great quilt for spring! 


If you prefer a softer, more romantic palette, you might like the version below in Sanctuary by 3 Sisters from Moda Fabrics.

 

I'm still obsessed with Cider by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics so I had to see what Lake Life looked like in this collection!


Have you seen the upcoming Strawberries & Rhubarb collection from Fig Tree?  I've had the chance to sew with it (you'll get to see later this year!) and it's so pretty!  This fabric should be in stores soon and this quilt would look great with it!

Another collection that is just arriving in stores is Happy Days by Sherri and Chelsi for Moda Fabrics.  I really like the color palette that results when leaving out the red prints!


That's all for today!  I hope you'll grab a copy of American Patchwork and Quilting the next time you're out and about.  If there are other fabrics you would like to see this quilt refreshed in, let me know in the comments below and I'll see what I can do in a future blog post!


Until next time,

Amanda


2 comments:

  1. I would love your help, I'm trying to make the lake life quilt and would to coronet horse square in it. but not sure what the middle of the squares are ? and the white plus sign in a color not white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'd be happy to try to help, but I don't understand the question. I'm guessing it's a typo, but I don't know what you meant where it says "coronet horse square." I'm also not sure what you mean when you ask what the middle of the squares are. The center of each block starts out with a square. The pattern shows all of the segments that make up the block. If you want the plus signs to not be white, you can use a different fabric on the corner segments of each block.

      Delete