Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday Fabric Refresh - Sugar Twist

Happy Friday!  Earlier this week, I shared the pillow I made using the block from my Sugar Twist quilt that is in the Best of Moda Bake Shop book.  I decided that would make this week the perfect opportunity to feature Sugar Twist for Friday Fabric Refresh!

 

The original quilt from the book is shown above and features Sugarcreek by Corey Yoder.  Corey always has gorgeous fabric, but of course it's always fun to see how quilts look in other fabrics!

I'm working on another quilt right now (that you'll see soon!) using Bonnie and Camille's Early Bird line.  Working with that collection has reminded me how much I like it, so I had to see how Sugar Twist looked in Early Bird!

I have a couple layer cakes of Bonnie and Camille's At Home collection that I don't have plans for yet.  Maybe I'll make another Sugar Twist!

The end of the year is approaching faster than I can believe, so maybe I should get started on a Christmas quilt.  Christmas Figs II looks festive in this pattern, and the black crossweave background let's the cream fabrics pop!

I even found my original mockup of this quilt in Gooseberry by Lella Boutique!  I don't remember how long ago Gooseberry arrived in stores, but that's how long ago I designed this quit pattern!  It sat in my ideas folder until I was looking for something to submit for the book.  Maybe I should pull a Gooseberry layer cake out of my stash and make this!

That's all for today!  What other fabrics would you like to see Sugar Twist refreshed in?  Let me know in the comments and I'll try to make it happen in a future post!

 

Until next time,

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment