Friday, September 18, 2020

Friday Fabric Refresh - Jelly Patch

Hello and happy Friday!  National Sew a Jelly Roll Day is tomorrow!  Hopefully you have your pattern and your jelly roll picked out and ready to go so you can jump right into sewing in the morning.  Maybe you are going to make a Jelly Patch quilt but you are still undecided on fabric.  I'm here to help!

If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you've seen my posts this week featuring my new pattern, Jelly Patch.  If not, that is the quilt you see above.  I made this quilt in Early Bird by Bonnie and Camille.

If you are subscribed to my mailing list, you should already have this pattern.  If you are not, but want the pattern, you can get it for free if you subscribe before this weekend is over.  I am temporarily offering it to my mailing list members to celebrate National Sew a Jelly Roll Day, but after the weekend is over, the pattern will be added to my Etsy shop.

To subscribe, you can either click here or click the link in my blog header.  

Now, back to the reason for today's post!  I had to feature this pattern for this week's Friday Fabric Refresh.  It's been a bit of a hectic week and I wasn't able to get very many refreshed versions ready, but hopefully one of these will spark some inspiration!

First, I know that Bonnie and Camille's new line, Shine On technically isn't out yet, but there are some early release precuts to be found online so if you happened to snag one, that would be a great choice for this quilt!

Another upcoming line that just released some early precuts is Balboa by Sherri and Chelsi.  Another great option!

Ombre Fairy Dust by Vanessa Christenson recently started showing up in quilt shops.  The ombre effect doesn't really work out well with the digital fabric swatches, but I think it still gives you an idea of what it would look like.  It would definitely be colorful!

I had to include a Christmas version.  Maybe you are using this weekend to get a head start on some holiday sewing.  Here is Jelly Patch in The Christmas Card by Sweetwater.

That's all for today!  Have fun sewing tomorrow, whether you are sewing a Jelly Patch quilt or something else!


Until next time,

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment