Friday, September 17, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - Log Jam Part 2

Hello again!  I'm back with part 2 of Friday Fabric Refresh for my new pattern, Log Jam.  If you missed part 1 this morning, you can find that post here.  That post focused on refreshed versions of the layout option on the pattern cover.  This post will be all about refreshed versions of the other two layout options.  


I made the quilt above in Corey Yoder's Cozy Up.  I can't wait to quilt it when my longarm is fixed (in case you missed it, my longarm is at the repair shop and I'm still waiting to find out what's wrong with it).  

Cozy Up would also look great in the other layout option, shown below. 

 

Here are the other two layout options in Tarry Town, the fabric I used for the cover quilt.  This fabric is by Kimberly Kight for Ruby Star Society.


Next up is Stay Gold by Melody Miller for Ruby Star Society.  Ruby Star Society is a division of Moda Fabrics so you should be able to find jelly rolls for any of these collections.
 



The third and final Ruby Star Society collection that I am featuring today is Heirloom by Alexia Abegg.  As I mentioned in my previous post, this fabric just showed up to shops after a very long wait.  If you've been waiting on it, go grab some while you can!  Don't forget to include a jelly roll so you can make a Log Jam quilt! ;)



Have you started your Christmas sewing yet?  If not, you can pick up a Christmas Morning jelly roll by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics and get a jump start on your holiday sewing!



Figo Fabrics, which I believe is a division of Northcott Fabrics, is a newer fabric company and they have some really pretty collections!  Hand Stitched is a line that recently showed up in shops and I've already made a Log Jam quilt with it!  This collection is by Karen Lewis.



Another favorite Figo Fabrics collection is Prickly Pear by Emily Taylor.  I'm not sure if Figo has jelly rolls (they would be called something else, since Moda has trademarked the "jelly roll" name even though "jelly roll" has kind of become the standard name just like "Band-aid" or "Kleenex").  

Don't worry though!  I included instructions for fat quarters in the pattern.  I used fat quarters to make the Hand Stitched quilt above and you can use fat quarters to make a Prickly Pear version as well!



That's all for today!  I hope you enjoyed these refreshed versions of Log Jam and don't forget to check out part 1 if you missed it!


Until next time,

Amanda 



No comments:

Post a Comment