Friday, October 1, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - Cozy Up

Happy Friday!  Have you seen the Cozy Up collection by Corey Yoder?  If you love fall, you will absolutely fall in love with this fabric!  Cozy Up began showing up in shops in the past week but I have a feeling it will go fast!  Don't wait if you want to get your hands on some.  

This week I am refreshing some of my patters in Cozy Up and I can't wait to show you!

First up is Stargazing, shown above.  Who doesn't love a star quilt? This fat quarter pattern really lets the prints in this collection shine!  

Another fun star pattern that also uses fat quarters is Good Fortunes.  The sashing in this quilt gives you a chance to really make this quilt your own.  I used the blue text print but you could use another color or one of the other prints in the collection. I suggest using something that reads as a solid from a distance so that it doesn't look too busy. 


Do you like chain quilts?  Grab a fat quarter bundle and make a Wanderlust quilt.  This is the second version in the pattern (yep, Wanderlust is a two-for-one pattern!).  The cover version has print chains and a white background.  The version here is the opposite and lets the print fabrics take center stage.

 

The final fat quarter pattern that I have refreshed today is Tumble.  I went with the dark gray solid that Corey chose to coordinate with her collection as the accent fabric.  It is Moda's Bella Solid in Etchings Charcoal.  

 

Now let's move on to some precut-friendly quilts!

Earlier this summer, I released my Hidden Spools quilt.  I love how the background creates a spool shape!  The pattern calls for a layer cake, but you could use four charm packs instead.  You won't have enough pieces if you leave out the lightest fabrics, so I used the binding fabric for several blocks in this mockup below.  Bump the binding fabric up to a yard and you'll have enough to swap out the light layer cake fabrics.


If you only have a couple of charm packs, you could make a Garden Charm quilt.  In this refreshed version, I used white for the accent and the blue print with the really small dots for the background.  


If you didn't get a chance to sew with a jelly roll during National Sew a Jelly Roll Day two week ago, now is your chance!  Grab a Cozy Up jelly roll and make a Friendship quilt.  

If you need a faster finish and you haven't made my best-selling Window Box pattern yet, Cozy Up might be just the excuse to finally make one!


That's all for today!  I hope you've gotten some inspiration or at least enjoyed the eye candy!  If there are other patterns of mine that you would like to see refreshed in Cozy Up, let me know in the comments below and I might be able to include it in a future Friday Fabric Refresh post!


Until next time,

Amanda 


 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog, Amanda! Glad I found it. I always look forward to your Friday Refresh entries.

    ReplyDelete