Thursday, October 7, 2021

Lella Boutique Christmas Morning Stay Square Quilt

I’m sharing another Stay Square quilt with you!  I have never met a Christmas quilt that I didn't like.  This Stay Square quilt in Christmas Morning by Lella Boutique is no exception!

 

 

There are always so many amazing Christmas fabric collections released every year.  There are not enough hours in the day to sew with all of them.  This year I decided I had to make a quilt with Christmas Morning. 

 

 

 

This is a great quilt for a confident beginner.  There are not a ton of little pieces to sew, there are not a ton of seams, and all of the seams nest together!  This was my second Stay Square quilt and both went together so quickly that I’m considering making another soon!

Finishing at 74”x74” square, this large throw quilt would be perfect for tossing over your couch as part of your holiday décor or just snuggling up on the couch with your family.  

 

 

 

The colors are a little more muted than many Christmas collections, but in my opinion, that is part of the attraction.  Don’t get me wrong, I love a good bright and cheery or rich and vibrant Christmas collection, but this line makes me think of something that I would see in a home décor magazine.  With a few reds and lots of grays, silvers, and greens, this line feels soft and sophisticated!

 

 

I used the same black solid fabric for the accent on this quilt as I did on my Stay Gold quilt (you can read all about that here).  In my opinion, the black just adds to the sophistication of this quilt.

 


 

Christmas Morning features Lella Boutique’s classic large scale focus florals.  There are also fun text prints, colorful dots, classic doves, and fun geometric prints!

 

 

 

I used the large focus floral print with the light background for my backing fabric.  The binding may be my favorite part of this quilt.  Is a stripe ever a bad choice for a quilt binding? I don’t think so and this red and white stripe is no exception, especially for a holiday quilt.

 

 

 

It may be a little tough to make out in the photos, but I quilted this quilt with a pantograph called Tannenbaum LG by Jodi Beamish.  It is simple, interlocking trees with stars on top.

 

 

 

Be sure to check out this pattern in my Etsy shop.  If you like easy to piece, fast quilts, that make any fabric look great, you should definitely check out this pattern.  You won’t regret it!

 

 

If you make this quilt and share it on social media, be sure to tag me and use the hashtag #staysquarequilt so I can see it!  You can find me on Instagram or Facebook.

 

Until next time,

Amanda














No comments:

Post a Comment