Friday, October 8, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - Stay Square

Happy Friday!  Did you see the new pattern that I released yesterday?  If not, you'll definitely want to check out my previous posts all about Stay Square here and here.

Of course, it's always fun to see quilt patterns in different fabrics so today I'm featuring Stay Square for this edition of Fabric Friday Refresh.

The first quilt above is refreshed in Cozy Up by Corey Yoder for Moda Fabrics.  this fabric is flying off the shelves quickly, so hurry and grab your layer cake now if you want to make this pretty fall version of Stay Square.

Fall also means that Christmas is right around the corner.  This quilt would look great in fat quarters of Holly Holiday by Christopher Thompson for Riley Blake Designs.
 

Have you sewn anything with Songbook by Fancy That Design House?  This is a newer designer with Moda Fabrics and I hadn't really paid that much attention to this fabric collection, but I probably should have.  These fabrics and colors are so rich and gorgeous.  A layer cake of Songbook would give you a beautiful Stay Square quilt.
 


I really enjoyed using the Stay Gold fabric collection from Ruby Star Society for my quilt sample (you can see more in yesterday's blog post if you missed it).  There are a couple of other Ruby Star collections that I've really enjoyed lately.  

The first is Heirloom by Alexia Abegg.  After a much-delayed wait, this fabric has finally made it to quilt shops and the wait was worth it!

 


Tarry Town by Kimberly Kight is another Ruby Star collection and I have loved working with it.  I've already made three quilts with it and will probably make more.  We're still waiting on this to make it to shops, but hopefully it will be soon!

 


I wrote this pattern for a layer cake, but I included instructions for using fat quarters.  This makes it super easy to use fabrics that are not typically found in layer cake form.  The Quilty Love Palette Picks by Emily Dennis for Robert Kaufman is one of my favorite fat quarter bundles.  It is so colorful!  You only need 12 fat quarters, but why not use even more for an even more colorful quilt!

 

 

Have you ever sewn with Figo Fabrics? They are a relatively new modern quilt fabric company and they have some great fabric collections.  I don't believe they typically have precuts like layer cakes though so the fat quarter option would be great for using these fabrics.  

Hand Stitched by Karen Lewis is a recently released Figo collection and it is so pretty!  I want to make all the quilts with it!  

 

 

Figo Fabrics also has some basics collections which typically means they can be reordered, unlike most fabric collections that are printed once and then once they sell out, they're gone forever.  Serenity is one of Figo's basics collections and I like the soft, calming colors.

 

 

I shared a quilt last week on Instagram that used leftover fabrics from a curated bundle from Ember and Lamb's Etsy shop called Everlasting Dreams.  It is made up of a variety of Art Gallery Fabrics.  I love how the colors look together.  I decided to make one last refreshed Stay Square quilt using mostly those fabrics.  The bundle currently available in Ember and Lamb's shop has a few different fabrics than when I bought mine months ago, but the color scheme is the same.  You could also put together your own bundle with similarly colored fabrics.

 


 

That's all for today!  If there are other fabrics that you would like to see Stay Square refreshed in, let me know and I might be able to include it in a future Friday Fabric Refresh post.


Until next time,

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment