Friday, October 22, 2021

Friday Fabric Refresh - Ruby Star Society's Heirloom

Happy Friday!  Have you seen the Heirloom collection by Alexia Marcelle Abegg for Ruby Star Society?  I have been anxiously awaiting this collection for months!  I had two new patterns that I planned to make with Heirloom.  Neither of those happened (story of my life this year!) but I have the fabric so I'll make something eventually!  In the meantime, I'll just have to daydream about all of the quilts I would love to make with this fabric.  I'm sharing some of my favorites today for Friday Fabric Refresh!

 


First up is Tumble, which is shown above.  This is a fat quarter pattern that has much more simple piecing that it appears.  It definitely requires organization and the layout might be a little tricky, but the actual sewing is easy!  This pattern only uses 12 fat quarters so you can play around with a more limited color palette if you want.  In this version, I left out the browns, bright reds, and light yellows and I really like it!  The accent is a solid black.

 

Next up is Besotted.  This is a beginner friendly layer cake pattern.  A chain quilt is always fun!  Even though the pattern calls for a layer cake, you can also use 12 fat quarters.  I assumed I was using fat quarters when I made this mockup, but you could easily use a layer cake instead.  I stuck with the black for the chains. 



 

I tend to use solid white for the background in my quilts.  I like the crisp, clean look that it creates.  However, I have also been trying to get out of my comfort zone more often so I also created a version that uses one of the cream prints from Heirloom as the background.  I think it works!

 


I used this same print for the background in an Evening Glow mockup.  This quilt pattern uses either one layer cake and two matching charm packs or fat quarters.  I again went with the solid black for the accent.  It looks good so why not!

 



Wishing Well is another layer cake quilt.  It also features an accent and of course, I used the solid black again.  It's also another chain quilt!  Chains and stars, two of my favorite things in one quilt!  This pattern has two size options and this square mockup is the smaller size.

 


 

There are so many pretty color combination options with Heirloom so I decided to see what the fabrics would look like in Easy Argyle, a pattern that uses yardage instead of precuts or fat quarters.  I couldn't decide which color combos I liked best, so here are three of my favorites.  Which do you like best?  I'm leaning towards the third one!

 




 

That's all for today.  If there are other patterns of mine that you would like to see refreshed in Ruby Star Society's Heirloom, let me know in the comments below and I may be able to include it in a future Friday Fabric Refresh post! 

 

Until next time,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment