Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Fabric Refresh - Special Requests

Happy Friday!  For today's Friday Fabric Refresh, I am featuring some requests that were made on previous Refresh posts. 

A few fabric lines were mentioned in the comments when I posted the patriotic version of Hallowed Blooms on Instagram a couple months ago.  If you missed it, you can see that here.   


The refreshed version above features Aurora by Kate Spain, which was a collection from last summer.  I used a navy print for the dark stripe.  This pattern uses five fat quarters each of four colors.  There were not quite enough of a couple colors so I added in coordinating solids in the sample above.  Keep that in mind if you have a bundle of Aurora and want to make this version. 

A recent collection from Jo Morton called Glad Tidings was also mentioned.  It was just released a couple months ago, so it should still be available.  This is a great traditional Christmas collection!  Like with Aurora, there were not five prints of some colors, so you would need to add in a few extra fat quarters than what would come in a prepackaged bundle.  For the refreshed sample below, I used a dark brown print from the collection for the dark stripe.

 
A rainbow version using Bonnie and Camille's upcoming Shine On line was also mentioned.  A great idea, but a little trickier!  Since this pattern usually uses four colors, I decided to double it to eight and split up the stripes and the "blooms" into separate colors (normally each color is used for both).  There are seven colors in the collection, so for the eighth color I combined a gray accent stripe with a light print and used the same print for the whole section rather than making it scrappy.  I did not figure out if this would even work with the way the pattern is written, but if you feel confident enough to give it a try, go for it!  In theory, it should work but no guarantees!



When I posted my Scrappy Herringbone version of Friday Fabric Refresh two weeks ago, one follower mentioned Rue 1800, which is a gorgeous floral collection from 3 Sisters that came out earlier this year, and of course it makes a gorgeous Scrappy Herringbone quilt!  It's been a while since I've sewn with 3 Sisters fabric.  It might be time to remedy that!


That's all for today!  I love to fulfill requests from followers, so if you want to see some of my patterns in a particular fabric collection, be sure to let me know in the comments below!  I'll try to make it happen!

Until next time,
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment