Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday Fabric Refresh - Enchanted

Happy Friday!  Earlier this week, I posted a free tutorial for my Enchanted quilt so of course I have to show you some other options for inspiration as you decide how you want to make your own quilt!

Enchanted was intended to be a two-color quilt to make the best use of the 2020 Kona Color of the Year by the same name.  However, if emerald green is not your style, you can choose any color you'd like!

Red and white is a classic two-color combination. 

Maybe blue is your favorite color.

You don't have to use a solid.  A single print fabric paired with a background would also work, such as this blue print from Sherri and Chelsi's Summer Sweet collection.

As I was playing around with fabrics in EQ8, I decided to try making a scrappy version and I loved the results!  I almost hate to say it, but I think I might like the scrappy version better than the solid version!

You would need at least 10 fat quarters (or more for more variety).  Cut the same total number of squares as directed in the tutorial from various fat quarters.  Complete the quilt as directed, using random fabrics for each piece.  

A variety of pink solids would be pretty!

Since blue is my favorite color, I had to see what a variety of blue solids looked like as well!

I think I have a bundle of ocean-themed blue and green solids somewhere in my stash, so I decided to try that out too.


If solids aren't your thing, you can achieve this same scrappy look with print fat quarters.  Here is a colorful version using Summer Sweet.

To round out this week's post, I decided to try a holiday version using red, green, and white prints with a dark background.  This might be my favorite yet! (I know, I say that a lot!).  These are also from Summer Sweet, but you could get a similar look from some of the other Christmas collections out now.  

That's all for this week!  What other colors or fabrics would you like to see Enchanted refreshed in?  Let me know in the comments below and I'll try to make it happen!

 

Until next time,

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment