Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday Fabric Refresh - Metro

Happy Friday!  Earlier this week, I released a new pattern called Metro.  Metro is a modern-looking honey bun or charm pack friendly pattern and I used the upcoming Balboa collection from Sherri and Chelsi.  I love the colors in that collection, but it's always fun to see how a quilt will look in different fabrics!


There are a lot of new fabric collections coming out in the next few months that I'm really excited about.  One of those is Folktale by Lella Boutique, which should be arriving in October.

Cider by BasicGrey will be arriving in shops in November.  Here, I've used the beige grunge as the accent and used the same dark blue for the cornerstones as the binding.


Bonnie and Camille's Shine On collection will also be here before we know it, so I had to see what that looked like!


If I can't wait for Shine On, I could always use one of the Little Snippets honey buns that are in my stash.


I love the more modern feel of this pattern, and solids are a great way to achieve a modern look. 


A single solid color would also look very modern, as shown here in a cheddar yellow.


This year has been flying by and the holidays will be here before you know it!  It might be a good time to start a Christmas version.  The two versions shown here are The Christmas Card by Sweetwater and Holliberry by Corey Yoder.

 

You might notice that all but one of the quilts shown here use gray as the accent.  I tend to like gray as an accent color and other than the Cider version, I couldn't find a color that I liked better.  Of course, that could just be me, so if you would like to see different accents or different fabrics all together, let me know in the comments below and I'll see what I can do!


That's all for today!  I hope you enjoyed this edition of Friday Fabric Refresh.  Have a great weekend!

 Until next time,
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment